Collection of personal information
We sometimes request users of our website to voluntarily provide personal information. This information may include your name, e-mail address, contact address and/or delivery address and credit/debit card details. All credit/debit card information is encoded to maximize security before being sent over the Internet. We may also ask you for demographic and job-related information when conducting our market-research surveys.
How personal information is used
We use the personal information that you provide for such purposes as:
- Completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services, processing or fulfilling your orders, or responding to your requests and enquiries;
- Tailoring our website to your needs by gathering information via market research surveys;
- Notifying you about enhancements to our website;
- Communicating with you about products, services and any special offers which we believe may be of interest to you. All e-mail messages sent from our database have an “unsubscribe” option, should you not wish to receive such information;
- Personalizing the service that you receive.
Disclosure of personal information
Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees, agents, representatives , printing and fulfilment operations. We occasionally share information with carefully selected companies or third parties, but only when we have received your permission to do so. Some of these companies or third parties may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) which do not have the same data protection laws as the EEA. If we transfer your information outside of the EEA, we will ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent, except under the following circumstances:
- If we believe it necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities;
- In response to court orders or legal process, or to exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- If HARLOCK RC, this website or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to, or merged with another company.
Access and changes to personal information
You may access your personal information by contacting our customer support team at the address or telephone number detailed below. You may correct any errors or update information, submitted to us via the website, by accessing the “My Profile” facility, located on each of the sub-domains of our site. Alternatively, information may be updated by contacting our customer support team at the address or telephone number detailed below.
If you wish to receive newsletters or new product announcements, please tick the appropriate check box within the “Newsletters” section, when registering with “My Profile”. If you do not wish to continue receiving any of this information, please use the “Unsubscribe” option within the “Newsletters” section of “My Profile”. Alternatively, you may contact our customer support team at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Retention of personal information
Your personal information is stored by us for as long as the information is relevant to our business purposes or until you request that we remove it from our records. You may request that your information is removed by contacting our customer support team at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Commitment to data security
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of the information you have given to us in order to protect your privacy. Your personal information is stored on servers that are behind a firewall and physically located within a secured data center. In addition, our internal practices limit access to and use of your personal information and therefore help to secure your privacy.
Questions, comments and complaints
For sales inquiries, please email: sales@ harlock-rc.com